Re: [vile] Here is the file which demonstrates the insert bug

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [vile] Here is the file which demonstrates the insert bug
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:44:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Chris G wrote:

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 05:55:24AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Chris G wrote:

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 04:52:29PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:32:57AM +0100, Chris G wrote:
I have attached a file called "testBug", I get the bug I have
described if I simply delete the string (without quotes)
"http://home.isbd.net/gallery2/main.php"; and then re-enter it.  The
bug happens when you type the i of "main".

It may depend on your settings - I did that with no problem (Linux,
Debian/testing - tried locales en_US and en_US.UTF-8, used a plain
"source vileinit.rc" .vilerc file).

Typing 'n' makes it scroll right.

My .vilerc is attached.  All the above was happening running vile on a

I don't see any attachment...

Oops!  I don't suppose it matters now anyway as it just needs
autoindent and wrapmargin.

right - I think I have enough info to try again - thanks

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net