[vile] An odd buglet with map!

From: Chris G
Subject: [vile] An odd buglet with map!
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:09:19 +0000

I just used a couple of map! commands to swap colon and semi-colon so
that colon doesn't require SHIFT.  It worked perfectly *except* when
doing a replace.

I have the following in my .vilerc :-

    ;
    ;
    ; Add a reStructuredText mode
    ;
    define-mode rst
    map! ; :
    map! : ;
    ~with define-submode rst
        suf '\.rst$'
        shiftwidth=2
    ~endwith

The reStructuredText I'm writing has a *lot* of colons in it!

As I said the two map! commands do exactly what I want except for the
case when I do 'r;' or 'r:', in the single character replace the original
unmapped codes are used.  It had me a little confused for a while until
I realised what was going on.

--
Chris Green