uracoli-devel

Re: [uracoli-devel] some progress with RFA1 Arduino stuff

From: Charles Goyard
Subject: Re: [uracoli-devel] some progress with RFA1 Arduino stuff
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 22:40:30 +0200

Hi,

2010/10/28 Axel Wachtler <address@hidden>:
> I've never get in touch with a MAC as a development plattform.
Lucky you.

>> The Arduino guys use an old CrossPack build of the avr toolchain.
> Which source did you take ? Did you build the Arduino package from
> the GIT sources ? This would need "ant" as a build tool.
I took no source at all in the end. I downloaded the prebuilt Arduino
IDE (version 21), downloaded the prebuild CrossPack, and put the
second in the first.

>> - uncompress the uracoli-cvs20101023-arduino.zip archive in
>> Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/
> Could you please do another trial ? Starting from a virgin Arduino
> with new crosspack, then unpack the uracoli sources in the
> private sketch folder of the user.
Just tried, it works ! Note that on the Mac it goes on
$HOME/Documents/Arduino/hardware/.

> B.t.w. are zipfiles simple to handle on a MAC? Which format is the
> native compression format on the Apples ?
ZIP in well integrated in OSX (right click->archive creates a .zip).
But the mac handles tar.gz and tar.bz2 too. ZIP sound more friendly to
most people. DMG are also used for larger packages, but for that
matter it's overkill.

>> Note I built uracoli-arduino on linux, not on the mac.
> Later on a uracoli build on MAC would be nice to have but for the moment
> we just distribute copied source files in the Arduino package.
I'll try that later.

Cheers,

--
Charlot