uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Using M16 on UISP 20021201

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Using M16 on UISP 20021201
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:01:10 +1300

At 12:07 15/02/2003 +1100, Grahame Kelly wrote:
Hi All,

I need to use UISP to program some M16 chips before the
boss demands I go back to a full Windows environment just to run
AVR-Studio system (YUK!!!). I have been trying (and succeeding
in getting Linux more deployed but this issue is causing me some
boss-truma ;-( )

UISP just doesn't see the M16 signature as valid, and refuses to erase,
upload, ... everything.

I am aware that the kind developers have been very busy (working
to put food on their tables) so can anyone give me a glimmer of hope for a
solution soon?

I am using STK500 (H/W 0x02, S/W Major 0x01, S/W Minor 0x0A) signature.

Ted's patch will fix it for that SW revision. I've been looking into the problem with the latest STK500/AVRISP SW revision 0x01 0x0E and uisp - think i've got it sorted, will send a patch later on. Once you use AVR studio 4.06RC1 it upgrades the STK500 code to this version.

Cheers,

Jason