uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] Using M16 on UISP 20021201

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] Using M16 on UISP 20021201
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:33:02 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Grahame Kelly wrote:

:) Hi All,
:)
:) I need to use UISP to program some M16 chips before the
:) boss demands I go back to a full Windows environment just to run
:) AVR-Studio system (YUK!!!). I have been trying (and succeeding
:) in getting Linux more deployed but this issue is causing me some
:) boss-truma ;-( )
:)
:) UISP just doesn't see the M16 signature as valid, and refuses to erase,
:) upload, ... everything.
:)
:) I am aware that the kind developers have been very busy (working
:) to put food on their tables) so can anyone give me a glimmer of hope for a
:) solution soon?
:)
:) I am using STK500 (H/W 0x02, S/W Major 0x01, S/W Minor 0x0A) signature.

Try this patch, if it works, I'll commit it. (I don't have a mega16 to
test it on.)

You might also want to try Brian Dean's avrdude program which I just
ported to linux:

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avrdude

Ted