uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] 20021115cvs snapshot

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] 20021115cvs snapshot
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:38:05 -0800 (PST)

You might need to update your cygwin:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2002-10/msg00004.html

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, E. Weddington wrote:

:) Hi Ted,
:)
:) Just wanted to get on record that the 20021115cvs snapshot does not
:) build on Cygwin or Mingw. Mingw dies even earlier than cygwin.
:)
:) Cygwin dies with:
:)
:) DAPA.C: In member function `void TDAPA::OutReset(int)':
:) DAPA.C:470: `TIOCCBRK' undeclared (first use this function)
:) DAPA.C:470: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
:) each function
:)    it appears in.)
:) DAPA.C:470: `TIOCSBRK' undeclared (first use this function)
:) cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
:) DAPA.C: In destructor `TDAPA::~TDAPA()':
:) DAPA.C:1089: warning: statement with no effect
:) DAPA.C: In destructor `TDAPA::~TDAPA()':
:) DAPA.C:1089: warning: statement with no effect
:) make[1]: *** [DAPA.o] Error 1
:) make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
:)
:) The TIOCCBRK looks like its supposed to be a defined value, not a
:) function and it's enclosed in conditional compilation based if
:) TIOCMGET is defined.

Those error messages don't imply that TIOCCBRK is a function. It just
means that line 470 in DAPA.C is the first use of TIOCCBRK in
TDAPA::OutReset().

:)
:) Doing a quick grep of the source, I don't see TIOCMGET defined
:) anywhere. There are other conditional compilation blocks based on the
:) define, but no definition.

TIOCMGET is defined on my system via the "#include <sys/ioctl.h>"
statement.

TIOCMGET should be checked for at configure time and set appropriately.
I'll have to look in this tonight and get back to you.

Using "#ifdef TIOCMGET" doesn't seem like a good thing to do in this case.

Ted Roth