tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 12:54:14 +0100

Hi Nate,

sorry, answering mails while in reality doing other stuff is a proven
way to disaster...

Am Sun, 4 Nov 2018 05:35:34 -0600
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2018 04 Nov 04:26 -0600, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > Am Fri, 2 Nov 2018 23:21:57 -0500
> > schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> ... snip ...
>
> I'm just trying to be forward thinking!  ;-)

And that is good. Keep that habit ;-)!

> > > One few for the pile:  Accept master.scp, mastersx.scp,
> > > masusve.scp, and masterss.scp as well as callmaster (case
> > > ignored) for the Super Check Partial files.  Perhaps read them in
> > > the order listed and use the first one found?  For now I download
> > > the one I want and symlink callmaster to it, which works just as
> > > well!
> > Hmm, ok. But better than hardcode that names (maybe there will be
> > others in later time) how about an keyword CALLMASTER= to name your
> > preference with a default to cty.dat if not set?
>
> Whoa!  Wrong file, Tom.  cty.dat is the country file, not the Super
> Check Partial file.  I'm discussing the latter.

Yeah, see my first sentence above. The default should be the
'callmaster' file.

> > Well there is the -n switch already. But I know some of the messages
> > will only appear once. So a confirmation for any onetime changes
> > may be appropriate.
>
> I note that '-n' does:
>
>        -n     Start without packet/cluster.
>
> in the manual page.  Does it do more?  I've not tried it as I rarely
> use the cluster functionality.

Same remark applies here. I was talking about the -v (verbose) switch,
which slows down the messages.

Again, sorry for my confusion. Seems it is not my day.

73, de Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea