tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] v1.4 topics
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2018 11:22:24 +0100

Am Fri, 2 Nov 2018 23:21:57 -0500
schrieb Nate Bargmann <address@hidden>:

> * On 2018 02 Nov 12:30 -0500, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > P.S.: The 'todo' list now:
> >
> > * allow vertical resizing of tlf (more room for cluster messages)
>
> May as well allow horizontal resizing.  It would require calculating
> the anchor of some screen blocks like the score window from the right
> margin, I think.

That sure would be helpful, but is MUCH more work. So I would plan it
for a later release. I fear it will need a complete rewrite of the
display related code. At the moment display related stuff is
scattered over most of the files.

> One few for the pile:  Accept master.scp, mastersx.scp, masusve.scp,
> and masterss.scp as well as callmaster (case ignored) for the Super
> Check Partial files.  Perhaps read them in the order listed and use
> the first one found?  For now I download the one I want and symlink
> callmaster to it, which works just as well!

Hmm, ok. But better than hardcode that names (maybe there will be
others in later time) how about an keyword CALLMASTER= to name your
preference with a default to cty.dat if not set?

> Consider requiring a key press on the first screens when Tlf is
> started without a log file.  They often close too quickly to read all
> the details.  Subsequent runs can be as it is now.  An alternative
> might be to have an option keyword (yet another!) in logcfg.dat
> specifying a timeout in seconds for each screen where 0 would require
> a key press and negative would disable them.

Well there is the -n switch already. But I know some of the messages
will only appear once. So a confirmation for any onetime changes may be
appropriate.

73, de Tom

P.S.: The actual (unsorted) 'todo' list now (Hope I did not forget
something):

* allow vertical resizing of tlf (more room for cluster messages)
* drop 'scan' menu with noise bridge, panorama scan and smeter
  display (It did not work for a long time and I think no one is
  using it)
* Handling multiplier aliases (see thread started by Nate in June)
* automatically switch back to 'Run' mode from "grab spot" after QSO
* switch to hamlib's freq_t for frequencies ( and maybe factor out
  hamlib stuff to a separate module )
* Do a complete rewrite of display related code in the long term to
  allow vertical AND horizontal resizing.
* Allow other callmaster databases (hardcoded or by CALLMASTER= keyword)
* Rework startup display for better readability by user

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea