tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Fw: WARC bands

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Fw: WARC bands
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 06:54:48 +0100

Am Wed, 22 Jan 2014 08:35:32 +0100
schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:

> Hello Thomas,
>
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 07:18:01AM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> > Am Tue, 21 Jan 2014 23:08:30 +0100
> > schrieb Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS <address@hidden>:
> > > - start Tlf, switched to a WARC band (17m)
> > > - start make a QSO (simulate), the "Worked" window opens up, but
> > > there isn't any WARC band
> >
> > I see what you mean now. That is the searchwindow. You are right,
> > that one is not able to show WARC bands in an correct way. It needs
> > to be fixed. Maybe you can have a look into it.
>
> ok, a few weeks ago I wrote an e-mail to you, where I outlined few
> appointments from my plans related to Tlf. I'll review those, and will
> notify you.
>
> > > - save the QSO on 17m, start same callsign again, Worked window
> > > opens again, and the callsign seems on 10m (and no WARC band)
> > >
> > > What em I missing?
> > >
> > Maybe I read your former posts wrong. I confused the scoring window
> > (which shows the WARC bands correctly) and the search/worked
> > window. The first one works fine, the second is buggy.
>
> it's no problem, and thanks for the confirm,
>
> but something is wrong in my config - when I works in QSO mode
> (CONTEST=qso, no CONTEST_MODE, SCOREWINDOW is set), I don't have
> score window... I'll review again when I'll close to my RIG.

As said before: The SCOREWINDOW has to be in the rule file to work for
now.

As the rule file gets parsed after the logcfg.dat 'setcontest()' is
called twice. So if you set SCOREWINDOW early in logcfg.dat it will get
overwritten by the rule file.

The whole initialization code is very complex and not easily to change.
It is on my todo list already but changign needs a lot of care. Maybe
we should write it completely from scratch.

73, Tom DL1JBE

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea