Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86-64 port

From: shinichiro . h
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86-64 port
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 07:19:27 +0900

Hi,

> > I've worked on porting TCC for x86-64 and I'd like to send a patch.
> > This patch is the diff from CVS head.
> >
> > http://shinh.skr.jp/tmp/tinycc_x86_64.patch.gz
>
> I'd really like to see this being split.
> One could make one big patch for those Elf32_x -> ElfW(x) and
> SHT_REL -> SHT_RELX changes and one patch for all the casts

Thanks for the reply! I'll split this patch and send another email.

Also, I think I can create few more small patches. I changed some int
values to long to hold 64bit pointers. I think this change can be
separated.

> (are all those casts on char pointers really necessary?).

Unnecessary. But my compiler (GCC 4.3.2) produces many warning for
them, and it made the development hardar. I'll withdraw the changes on
casts if you think we don't need them (I think I can silence the
verbose warnings by command line flag).

BTW I've found my typo

> - calling convention of long-double-integer of struct is not exactly the same
> as GCC's x86-64 ABI.

calling convention of long-double-integer *or* struct