[Texmacs-dev] preliminary HiDPI (Retina) support for TeXmacs/Qt

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] preliminary HiDPI (Retina) support for TeXmacs/Qt
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:05:05 +0100

Hi all,
 I've committed a series of preparatory patches to support HiDPI displays
(Retina) on Qt/Mac.

For some reasons I didn't had time to prepare a well packaged commit  to fully
support Retina to the svn trunk so I attach here a patch to be applied to the
current svn (r5963) to enable *unconditionally* **partial*** Retina support.

Unconditional  means that the double resolution is hardcoded and TeXmacs will
not try to check if the screen is really Retina or not. Of course I will work
later on this issue and prepare something better. But for the moment this patch
will allow those like me who have a Retina MacBookPro to work with TeXmacs
without headache.

At the moment this support cannot be fully completed since Qt (4.8.4) cannot
handle properly HiDPI bitmaps so the icons  in the menus are bounded to be at
low resolution. However the editing area can be rendered at HiDPI.

I only have checked that it works with the latest Qt 4.8.4. I'm not sure
previous versions have any kind of HiDPI support.

By the way,  TeXmacs typesetting on Retina looks gorgeous.

Best
Massimiliano