Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Compiling SVN on Linux
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 09:48:12 +0100

I feel that a reasonable working cycle is to have a local git clone of the git
mirror, do whatever you want there: branch, commit, merge changes from the
head, etc..., publish your branch on gitourious or github or whatever and when
you are done, you prepare a patch agains the git mirror current state (which is
the same as the svn current state) and apply it to your svn checkout.

This is the pattern I follow and I do not see any inconvenience in maintaining
a main repo in the svn style (centralized) and having single developers peruse
the distributed style. Do you?

Given our poor familiarity with git (especially when you start branching like a
mad and trying then to merge all these branches -- i get lost very easily in
doing that) this has the advantage that everybody can mess with their own repos
but seldom the main svn repo is messed up.

max