Re: [Texmacs-dev] [bug #24585] Plugins for scipy and matplotlib

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [bug #24585] Plugins for scipy and matplotlib
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:20:51 +0100

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:52:14AM -0600, Adrian S. wrote:
> > Since Python is object oriented, I assume that it is possible to add
> > a TeXmacs output method to all objects which would default to
> > verbatim printing, but which might be overridden for special objects.
> > Do you confirm?
> >

> Yes, we can add methods to an already created class, unless it is a
> built in one.

Thanks for confirming. I also looked at how Sage does LaTeX and MathML,
and this is indeed how they do it. We only need someone now to build
structured TeXmacs Scheme expressions instead of LaTeX strings...

It is also possible to test whether an object has a LaTeX or MathML output.
In that case, a default option would be to have special markup for that and
ask TeXmacs to do the conversion.

Best wishes, --Joris