[Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Re: TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status bar
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:37:07 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 16:11, Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden> wrote:
1. I've decided to simply insert the widgets at the leftmost position of the status bar, leaving the rest to adjust itself. This is not pretty, because any previous status messages are still displayed, but I couldn't think of any other solution, short of replacing the QStatusBar, then restore the original one. But since QMainWindow takes ownership of it and deletes any objects when it deems necessary, I ended up with some nasty EXC_BAD_ACCESS. Any ideas?

Well, that was silly, I just figured out that I merely had to regain ownership of the status bar. It's done and working, so please excuse the noise... Should I post the whole patch again? Or just the code for the one relevant function? It's just a few lines...

Regards,
Miguel de  Benito.