Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status

From: Miguel de Benito Delgado
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacsQT minibuffer prompt implemented in the status bar
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 19:40:33 +0100

Hi,

  I'm sorry for all the noise (meaning my duplicate email), I wasn't receiving my mails back from the list and I thought they hadn't got through some spam filter, so I sent yet another one. I just checked and saw your reply, which by the way I don't fully understand.

My first issue is already solved, as you can see in my last post, but the one with the canvas not being repainted isn't. You said:

I doubt that reimplementing an event loop would be a good solution. Probably Qt allows for passing all incoming events to a subwidget.

Indeed it does, though I think they are actually propagated to parent widgets, which is what the main window is with respect to the status bar. And in what I wrote, as far as I understand it, no event other than a key press is being handled, so there should be no "hijacking".  I'll look into it and get back to you when I have a solution.

Regards,
Miguel de  Benito.