Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs orphaned in Debian/Ubuntu

From: Corey Sweeney
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs orphaned in Debian/Ubuntu
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:25:22 -0600

That's great!

I took at look at your overlay.  Do you know about gensync in
gentoolkit-dev?  By setting up a /etc/gensync/gentooscience.syncsource
file, it allows people to download overlays with just a "gensync
gentooscience".  However, i'm not sure if it supports svn, as I've
only seen configurations for rsync systems.  (otherwize i'd be posting
the config file right now).

Anyway, that may be more convient instructions to post to the texmacs web.

Corey

On 1/19/07, Andrey G. Grozin <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> If your thinking of starting a group to promote texmacs, you may want to
> consider your position in the other major distributions too.  For example
> gentoo's version of texmacs is currently at:  1.0.6-r1   ("r1" is a gentoo
> thing), so most likely a gentoo maintainer would be helpfull too.
An up-to-date ebuild lives in the Gentoo science overlay:
http://gentooscience.org/
I maintain it

I think it would be good to add this information to www.texmacs.org, so
that Gentoo users could use this overlay.

Andrey