Re: [Texmacs-dev] Updated windows version

From: Dan Martens
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Updated windows version
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:37:49 -0400

Hi Andreas,

MikTeX is no longer a dependency.  I have not been testing with it installed
on my system, instead I just include the extra fonts.  The code is still
there to use it if found, but I cannot really say what is going on in your
situation as I am using the FreeType font version.  I suggest removing
MikTeX as I do not want to have to use it anymore due to it's enormous size.
As for the fonts, they should be working just fine.  I have a clean test
machine which I use to just unpack the distributions and them.  Let me know
if it still does not work after removing MikTeX.

P.S. To remove MikTeX, you don't have to uninstall, just delete the TEX*
env. variables, delete your .TeXmacs directory. Running tmwin.exe should set
the rest up automatically.

Dan