[Texmacs-dev] RE: [TeXmacs] Updated Windows Version

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] RE: [TeXmacs] Updated Windows Version
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 15:07:52 -0400

Dan,

Here is my current test procedure:

1) Go to Start/Printers and make sure that my HP deskjet 6122 is
   the default printer.
2) Open WinTexmacs.
3) Click Welcome under the Help menu.
4) In WinTexmacs choose File/Print/Print all

Nothing happens. No print spooler icon appears at the bottom
right as it usually would. Then after about 1 minute suddenly
Acrobat Distiller pops-up completely unexpectedly! It seems
to do a postscript to pdf conversion (very quickly so I cannot
see what file name it is processing or where it went). When
return to the WinTexmacs window I find WinTexmacs hung (not
responding) and I have to abort. There are no messages in the
terminal window.

I do have Ghostscript 8.0 installed as well as Acrobat 6.
My guess is that perhaps WinTexmacs is somehow starting
Acrobat instead of Ghostscript.

It seems that I cannot tell from the WinTexmacs Help/About the
exact version I am using. I might be useful to update this
information with each new release.

This was submited to Savannah as:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=10506

Regards,