Re: [Texmacs-dev] Web pages

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Web pages
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:06:40 +0200

Hello Joris,

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

> The new TeXmacs web site is available for browsing at Savannah.

Where? Under Home Page link?

> Further help for improving and updating the content would be very
> much appreciated. In particular, we need some information about
>
>   * The Axiom system.

What kind of description do you want? A standard one like this one?

Axiom is a general purpose Computer Algebra system. It is useful for
research and development of mathematical algorithms. It defines a
strongly typed, mathematically correct type hierarchy. It has a
programming language and a built-in compiler.

Axiom has been in development since 1973 and was sold as a
commercial product. It has been released as free software.

Efforts are underway to extend this software to (a) develop a
better user interface (b) make it useful as a teaching tool
(c) develop an algebra server protocol (d) integrate additional
mathematics (e) rebuild the algebra in a literate programming style
(f) integrate logic programming (g) develop an Axiom Journal with
refereed submissions.

Axiom web page : http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/

Axiom project : http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom

Yours,