Re: [Texmacs-dev] Web pages

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Web pages
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:26:49 +0200 (CEST)

> > The new TeXmacs web site is available for browsing at Savannah.
>
> Where? Under Home Page link?

        Online help -> Browse web
        TeXmacs web site
        Plug-ins
        Axiom

The page refers to

        plugins/axiom/axiom-web.en.tm

in the TeXmacs-doc CVS tree. You might want to put more stuff in

        plugins/axiom/

I see that you have to turn the security off to in your preferences.
I will fix this in the next release.

> > Further help for improving and updating the content would be very
> > much appreciated. In particular, we need some information about
> >
> >   * The Axiom system.
>
> What kind of description do you want? A standard one like this one?
>
> Axiom is a general purpose Computer Algebra system. It is useful for
> research and development of mathematical algorithms. It defines a
> strongly typed, mathematically correct type hierarchy. It has a
> programming language and a built-in compiler.
>
> Axiom has been in development since 1973 and was sold as a
> commercial product. It has been released as free software.
>
> Efforts are underway to extend this software to (a) develop a
> better user interface (b) make it useful as a teaching tool
> (c) develop an algebra server protocol (d) integrate additional
> mathematics (e) rebuild the algebra in a literate programming style
> (f) integrate logic programming (g) develop an Axiom Journal with
> refereed submissions.
>
> Axiom web page : http://www.nongnu.org/axiom/
>
> Axiom project : http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/axiom

Something like that, but in TeXmacs format.