Re: [Texmacs-dev] French translation devel branch

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] French translation devel branch
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:59:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Michele,

> devel/source/architecture.fr.tm and devel/source/boxes.fr.tm completed.

Thanks for the effort, but ... as I said in a previous email about
this subject, it is not really necessary to translate the devel files,
except for those about styles and plugins.

Indeed, much of the source code documentation is hopelessly outdated or
will soon become outdated (this is the case for architecture.en.tm;
boxes.en.tm is still OK). Also, most developers are better acquainted
with English than most users.

Given your tremendous and very appreciated energy to help us
with the documentation project, it might be more interesting to
try to write some new documentation on subjects which interest you;
of course, we can assist you with this, by answering any questions.
To start with, you might try to adapt the tutorial on the web to
the texmacs-doc style.

Joris