Re: 3 Offers

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: 3 Offers
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 21:39:41 GMT

    they may not be supported with the fonts that come with TeX.

In my experience, nearly any glyph is available in some TeX font or
another, or can be constructed (for decades now, long predating
Unicode). Even just the core TeX distribution has vast character coverage.

What's certainly true is that the basic CM + (sort of) EM fonts that we
use in texinfo.tex are restricted in their coverage to, for the most
part, European languages. Since we have never figured out a good way to
load and combine arbitrary font families in texinfo.tex. But that is not
TeX's problem, it's ours. --best, karl.