Re: @errmessage

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: @errmessage
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 01:12:19 +0200

Karl Berry <address@hidden> ha escrit:

> Sergey, why do you want @errmessage{}?  What actual error message do you
> want to give?

In this particular case I need it to trap things that should not appear
in the final version of the document, but may well be present (in
fact, even needed) in a draft or proofreading edition.  That's kind of a
short answer.  For a long and detailed one, please see this:

  http://www.gnu.org.ua/software/imprimatur/

However, I don't think that this would be the only implementation when
such a command is needed.

>     > Also should there be a second command which translates to a warning and
> not
>     > an error?
>     Yes, I believe it is a good idea.
>
> Why?  How many new commands do we really need here?  I mean, there is
> also non-diagnostic messages (\message in TeX), and then one can imagine
> debugging messages, etc., etc., etc.

I cannot imagine any new command that might be needed, but I believe
that these two would form a useful addition.

> Texinfo has been around a long time and no one has ever needed these
> things enough to ask for them before ...

I don't know, perhaps that's because nobody has tried to automate
document consistency checking...

Regards,
Sergey