Re: proposals for new XML

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: proposals for new XML
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 22:52:34 GMT

    I think that it makes much sense to have the text and inline things
    in 'preformatted' and not right in @example since it leads to a tree
    with a better structure

Ok, sounds good, I defer to your judgement.

    (I figured this is not right, it should be the real command name in
    commandarg:
      <itemize commandarg="minus"><itemprepend>&minus;</itemprepend>

Ah.  That makes more sense.

Would it be more helpful to give the actual argument as the commandarg=
value, whatever it is?  Thus, for the two examples in your mail:
<itemize commandarg="@minus">
<itemize commandarg="+">

    @itemize we prepend @code{somethng}
    It is not possible to keep the information of @code{} in an attribute.

Got it.  Good.

    It could be possible to have something more consistent with that tree
    in xml, along ... Would you prefer that?

Yes.  It seems much better in the long run.  Should we change @itemize's
XML output too?

Thanks,
karl