[Swftools-common] Swftools, PDF and HTML5

From: Martin Perez
Subject: [Swftools-common] Swftools, PDF and HTML5
Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 11:25:22 +0200

Howdy,

I imagine that as ourselves, many people has taken advantage of this great swftools package to transform documents in several formats to SWF and display them in flash-based viewers.

It looks like though that market is moving towards HTML5 and many players are moving their flash based viewers from flash to this standard. So a few questions arise with regards to swftools and custom viewers. So, is there any plans to provide tools to move from flash to html5? Some kind of swftohtml5. Any plans to an html5 basic viewer? Or alternatively, what would be the necessary steps to move our documents converted with swftools to html5. Perhaps transforming them to svg and using an SWF viewer?

Quite a few questions :)

Best,
Martin