Re: [Swftools-common] Help on problem converting Chinese PDF to SWF usin

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Help on problem converting Chinese PDF to SWF using pdf2swf
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:19:52 +0100

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:30:50PM +0800, Jeff Tang wrote:
> I've been testing with pdf2swf for the past few days, and overall it's a
> great tool. But I've been struggling with some pdf files that have Chinese
> content, here's the message I got:

> WARNING Font STSong-Light,Bold (not embedded) could not be loaded.
> WARNING Try putting a TTF version of that font (named "STSong-Light,
> Bold.ttf") into /usr/local/share/xpdf

Just for the record (the problem was now reported as fixed by Jeff):

a) Try using languagepacks
   See
    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/swftools-common/2004-10/msg00049.html

b) If that doesn't help, rename some asian font containing the characters
   you use into "STSong-Light,Bold.ttf" and put that into /usr/local/share/xpdf.

Greetings