Re: [Swftools-common] external fonts and CMAP files

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] external fonts and CMAP files
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 10:17:37 +0100

On Sun, Dec 30, 2007 at 02:08:33PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:
> 1)  External fonts.  Can pdf2swf use fontconfig and the linux font
> cache?  Or do I need to manually include every single directory that
> has any fonts in it using --fontdir?  On a fully loaded linux system,
> this is a lot of directories.

fontconfig is used, but I haven't touched the code for a while, so
I don't know how good this still works.

Do you have a lot of external fonts? The standard fonts you find on
Linux systems are probably not something that is usually referenced
by a PDF.

> 2)  External cmap files.  If I want to use the 11 language support
> packs included with XPDF, is the best way to do it by appending the
> parameter -s languagedir 11 times, one for each directory?

Yep. If you really need all 11 languagepacks, that is...

Greetings