Re: [Swarm-Support] Need help on a Mac OS X

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Need help on a Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:06:29 +1000

aSelector=0x1780d10) at ../../../../src/collections/Collection.m:216
#7  0x0171c5f8 in __builtin_avcall ()

IMO this will be your problem. The builtins on the Apple 3.3.1 (and FSF 3.3) compiler are broken on PowerPC and most other RISC architectures.

No, __builtin_avcall is not a GCC compiler intrinsic. That function is in the Swarm source tree, specifically avcall/avcall-rs6000-darwin.s. __

Sorry, running too fast this morning.  Marcus is right.

However, the backtrace contains FCall.m and there is stuff in there which I don't trust the gcc-3.3 compiler to build correctly on PowerPC. Although the library passes the relevant tests, those are fairly simplistic.

If the problem is the compiler, you will probably need to rebuild Swarm with a version 4 compiler or wait until I get it done.

Bill