Re: [Swarm-Support] RE: Java parse - orderbook XML

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] RE: Java parse - orderbook XML
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 15:00:48 -0600

Saoirse Amarteifio wrote:

Exactly, this is what i have done. I have tried your code also, and the some
problem occurs. It is precisely the documentBuilder.parse that causes the
problem. This leads me to believe the problem is a quirky one. Perhaps there is
a problem with the way i have installed swarm.

Something else strange: I tried to import java.rmi.* and it wasn't found.

Are you using the jdkswarm or the javaswarm script? I'd be surprised if the XML stuff in kaffe worked out of the box. I ran that test case on a Sun and on Mac OS X.

Although it is installed as windows XP/binary with no room for error.

Far from it, I'm afraid.  There hasn't been attention given to the Windows
stuff in years.  I guess the SDG doesn't want to devote resources to fixing
that.