[Swarm-Support] Java

From: Saoirse Amarteifio
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Java
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 17:48:59 +0100

Greetings

I am curious as to the limitations if any of swarm and using Java APIs. To give
some outragous examples; if i was to use RMI or XML Dom in swarm, are there any
issues i should be aware of.

I did try to read XML into a DOM object and the swarm app hung - to be more
precise, i called a class that handled the XML which caused problems. I called
the same class from a non-swarm app and there were no problems.

Is there anything i should be aware of - Also, perhaps related, is there
anything interesting one should know about the allocation or deallocation of
memory apart from the drop() method.

saoirse