[Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm again

From: Izak Burger
Subject: [Swarm-Support] Re: Swarm again
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 15:54:40 +0200 (SAST)

Hello,

Thanks for the advice.  What I actually did was to edit the .la files for
the two libraries, and change the relink commands, adding /.libs to the
end of all the relevant -L's, which is what should have happened anyway if
I'm not mistaken.  Then I had to manually recreate the .so file that was
destroyed during the failed invocation of libtool, after which I ran the
libtool --mode=install command again.  After installing the rpm, ldd shows
that everything resolves properly.

At least we have rpm --short-circuit, or I would have had to sit through
the whole compile again :-)

I will keep this in mind for next time.  I still have to transform your
.spec file to a debian/rules file at some point, and since Debian woody
has a less recent version of libtool than Mandrake 9.1, I foresee similar
problems.

My users only really want the jdk part, so as long as that works I'm a
happy camper.

regards,
Izak

--
Never look up when dragons fly overhead.

Izak Burger                                  Email: address@hidden
Homepage: http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/  Tel: +27 21 808 4863

Please avoid sending me Word attachments.
See http://www.cs.sun.ac.za/~iburger/noword.html