Re: [Swarm-Support] A Question about native libraries accessed by Java o

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] A Question about native libraries accessed by Java on OS X
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:51:00 -0600

mike long wrote:

Understanding
that I can obtain the jar files for Swarm, I only need to be able to
instruct the JVM to load the native libraries so that the Java native
methods can access them.
The Swarm native libraries don't load correctly into the JVM. Why this is, no one knows. Maybe it has to do with the malloc implementation, some memory map boundary (I didn't see one), the dynamic link loader, the presence of two Objective C runtimes, or something else (perhaps even a magic flag to the JVM or to the linker). The way to figure it out is to sit down and beat at it in the debugger until the problem reveals itself. Specifically it dies registering methods as Objective C classes are initialized by shared library constructors.