Re: [Swarm-Support] New code: Interpolator, time series input manager

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] New code: Interpolator, time series input manager
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 11:26:51 -0500

Dear Steve:

Thanks very much for posting it. I've been studying the download of the time series manager and have a couple of questions.

1. THis may be an obvious one, but:

This class assumes that only one variable is loaded from each file?

2. In the download, there is a  mysterious file called
TimeSeriesInputManagerP.h
as well as the one that goes with the m file:
TimeSeriesInputManager.h

What is the former?

3. Swarm can write and read hdf5 files. Did you ever experiment with that as a way to manage time series data? I have succeeded with the output of hdf5, but not the reading-in part. But I did not try with any vigor at all.
pj

Steve Railsback wrote:

Hi all-
TimeSeriesDataManager reads and handles time series input to a model. It
can handle data with daily, hourly, or arbitrary time steps. It reads in
data from a file, checks it for errors, provides the value for any
particular date or time, and can calculate average values over a time
period.
Steve R.