[Swarm-Support] ZoomRaster plus memory

From: Li An
Subject: [Swarm-Support] ZoomRaster plus memory
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 13:32:16 -0500

Hi,

I am running simulation on a landscape that have quite many cells. But the ZoomRaster window zooms so big that my monitor cannot have enough space to display it. Can I have a ZoomRaster window of fixed size no matter how many cells I have?

Also, when the number of cells is over millions, my computer crashes because of "out of memory"--it has 512 MB for memory and a CPU of 2.0 GHz with Pentium 4. Any hint to reduce the memory use without reduce the number of cells? How many cells have you managed without causing a memory problem?

Thanks,

Li