Swarm futures (was Re: ABM/Toolkit futures [was: Swarm futures (was Re:

From: gepr
Subject: Swarm futures (was Re: ABM/Toolkit futures [was: Swarm futures (was Re: GNUstep and MacOS X Port Effort)])
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:26:19 -0700

Thanks!

BTW, I really do mean "Swarm futures" when I talk about this stuff.
The discussion is broader than "toolkits".  And I don't particularly
care which implementation of Swarm we're talking about, whether it's
AScape, MAS (http://www2.kke.co.jp/mas_e/MASCommunity1.html), RePast,
HORDE, or any of the other Swarm systems out there.  In fact, I don't
particularly care whether we're talking about intelligent agents or
"swarm intelligence" (are you listening Eric? ;-).

The toolkit is not the point.  The methods and the useful work we do
with whatever tools we use is the point.

It *is* likely that a more focused discussion would enlighten the
broader one, though.  And I expect that most of the discussion at
Agent 2002 will be centered around RePast.  So, I look forward to
hearing about it.

Gulyas Laszlo writes:
 > I'll try my best!
 >
 > Gulya
 >
 > On Thu, 3 Oct 2002 address@hidden wrote:
 >
 > > Gulyas Laszlo writes:
 > >  > In any case, you guys are obviously welcome to the discussion, although
 > >  > it's rather short notice. (I know Roger Burkhart will be there, since
 > > he's
 > >  > on the panel.) But I'd also like to solicitate ideas from the list.
 > >
 > > Could you or Roger post a summary of the discussion afterwards?  I
 > > would have liked to attend; but, I can't afford it.
 > >

 > --
 > --
 > Laszlo Gulyas                                address@hidden
 > AI Laboratory                                http://www.sztaki.hu/~gulyas/
 > Computer and Automation Research Inst.  H-1111, Budapest, Kende u. 13-17.
 > Hungarian Academy of Sciences                * 36 1 209-6194
 >
 > --> On leave at Government Department, Harvard University      <--
 > --> 113b VanSerge, Mails: 34 Kirkland st., Cambridge, MA 02138 <--
 > --> address@hidden, (617) 384-9088                     <--

glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 831.335.4950                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr
M: 831.247.7901                               http://www.tempusdictum.com