Re: Windows. Can't live with it. Can't shoot it.

From: Luis R. Izquierdo
Subject: Re: Windows. Can't live with it. Can't shoot it.
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 01:25:54 -0100

Hi!

I have a laptop with Windows ME and Swarm-2.2.
I describe the way I installed Swarm-2.2, just in case:

I installed Cygwin 1.3.6 (whole package) and Swarm-2.2.
Then, I typed from cygwin bash shell:

mkdir /Swarm-2.2
mount c:\\Swarm-2.2 /Swarm-2.2

and I copied .bashrc in the proper place. (Cygwin/home/user/)

#!/bin/bash
export SWARMHOME=/Swarm-2.2
PATH=$SWARMHOME/bin:$PATH
export PATH
export LESSCHARSET=latin1
export TMPDIR=/tmp

alias ls='ls --color=auto'
cd

I modified my autoexec.bat by inserting:

SET HOME=C:\Swarm-2.2
SET SWARMDIR=C:\Swarm-2.2
SET SWARMHOME=C:\Swarm-2.2
SET PATH=C:\CYGWIN\BIN;C:\Swarm-2.2\BIN;%PATH%;

And that's it.

The SocialImpact model compiles and runs apparently fine but I get the same
error that Paul describes when I hit the quit button.
After hitting the quit button, there is always a popup that says it caused
an error in OBJC.DLL. Before this popup I sometimes get two popups that say
there was an error in MOUSESRV.DLL (I don't know why they sometimes appear
and they sometimes don't).

Another applications with similar problems are, for instance:

SimpleObserverBug (Java version)
SimpleObserverBug2 (Java version)
SimpleObserverBug3 (Java version)
All of them present errors in JAVASWARM.DLL (and sometimes in MOUSESRV.DLL)

If you want me to test more applications, please, feel free to ask. I'll be
glad to be of help.
Thanks a lot,
Luis