Re: Java GUI error

From: Paul Johnson
Subject: Re: Java GUI error
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:37:10 -0500

Dear Geoff:

You don't say what kind of system and what version of swarm you have, but I can tell you this. There were updates to jheatbugs after 2.1 and if you are running a swarm after 2.1, you need the updated version. Today I'm finding I can't connect to any ftp in New Mexico, no doubt a global conspiracy against me. But I put the newest copy I have up here:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/OtherPeoplesCode/jheatbugs-2001-03-28.tar.gz

That one works for me with the new swarm snapshot, version 2.1.140 dated 2002-05-14

pj

Geoff Wright wrote:
Hi,

The heatbugs model runs fine for me in objective-c. However, using the java version (jheatbugs-2.1) produces these errors. I am a loss as to how to proceed, I would be very grateful for any hints or suggestions.

Jheatbug compiles correctly and when I run: javaswarm StartHeatbugs, I get the prcControl panel, the HeatbugModelSwarm panel and the HeatbugObserveSwarm panel just fine. However, when I try to run the model with the "START" button on the prcCtl panel, I get this message....(hs_err_pid4674.log attached).