Java GUI error

From: Geoff Wright
Subject: Java GUI error
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 10:22:45 -0400

Hi,

The heatbugs model runs fine for me in objective-c. However, using the java
version (jheatbugs-2.1) produces these errors.  I am a loss as to how to
proceed, I would be very grateful for any hints or suggestions.

Jheatbug compiles correctly and when I run: javaswarm StartHeatbugs, I get the
prcControl panel, the HeatbugModelSwarm panel and the HeatbugObserveSwarm
panel just fine.  However, when I try to run the model with the "START"
button on the prcCtl panel, I get this message....(hs_err_pid4674.log
attached).

"An unexpected exception has been detected in native code outside the VM.
Unexpected Signal : 11 occurred at PC=0x4C769CBC
Function=(null)+0x4C769CBC
Library=/usr/lib/swarm/libobjc.so.0

NOTE: We are unable to locate the function name symbol for the error
      just occurred. Please refer to release documentation for possible
      reason and solutions.

Current Java thread:
        at swarm.simtoolsgui.GUISwarmImpl.go(Native Method)
        at StartHeatbugs.main(StartHeatbugs.java:31)

#
# The exception above was detected in native code outside the VM
#

Thank you in advance for any clues.
geoff