Re: official gcc-3.1 released [MacOSX]

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: official gcc-3.1 released [MacOSX]
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:05:48 +1000

Jacobo wrote:
>I'm trying to compile the FSF version of gcc-3.1 released just few day
>ago. GCC compiles, but libstdc++-v3 fails.
>/sw/src/GNU/darwin/powerpc-apple-
>darwin5.4/libstdc++-v3/include/powerpc-apple-
>darwin5.4/bits/ctype_inline.h:80: no
>    matching function for call to `isgraph(char&)'

Much frustration at this point.  libstdc++-v3 will no longer compile on
MacOS X 10.1.x system!
When Apple moved to the gcc3-11xx tags from gcc3-10xx they made big
changes to the OS X Libsystem and cctools.  I have updated the cctools
(except for dyld which needs the new Libsystem), but don't have the nerve
to monkey with Libsystem.  I am afraid it will break the OS.

This is frustrating because the patches for the nested function issue were
added at gcc3-1102!
You could try getting the gcc3-1045 from anoncvs and this should build on
10.1.x.  Yoou could try adding the two files from the more recent tags
which were patched for the nested function prob.

I plan to do this but I am too busy for a couple of days.

Bill Northcott