Re: configure script patch

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: configure script patch
Date: 23 Jul 2001 14:37:52 -0600

TW> The swarm 'configure' script has a bug causing 'make' to fail when
TW> the 'configure --host=...' option is used.

[..]

TW> To fix this, I added '--host=$host' to both of the subdirectory
TW> configure calls, see diff file below.

Thanks.  --host, --build, and --target are now passed to the libobjc
and avcall `configure' runs.

In today's snapshot there are also updates to the Swarm m4 macros so that
they work with the latest autoconf release (2.52).

  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm/src/testing/swarm-2001-07-23.tar.gz

One thing I noticed when doing this update was that the libtool-1.3d,
libtool 1.4 and the libtool development sources create broken shared
libraries.  1.3b is the latest version I could get working.  (This
doesn't matter for most people that grab snapshots because the
snapshots come with all that stuff frozen in the source tree.  It's
only if you want to change the configure.in template, or macros.
`configure' is a generated file.)