Kaffe or Java?

From: William T. Stockhausen
Subject: Kaffe or Java?
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:28:06 -0400

Hi all,

If you want to use the Sun jdk with Swarm, is it possible to remove all
(any?) references to Kaffe?  If so, what does that involve (e.g., deleting
all Kaffe-flavored sub-directories)?  Do you need to keep anything?

Also, is it possible to use Sun's Swing or AWT classes with Swarm to create
GUIs?

P.S. Marcus--thanks for your response to my previous email ("Java
questions").  I seem to have some new problems with the new .jar files I
downloaded, so I'm going to try to back up to when things worked and start
again.  If I still have problems, I'll send you the code.

Thanks for your patience--I'm sure these questions must drive some (most,
all?) of you nuts, but the quality of responses on this list is really
topnotch.

Best regards,

Buck Stockhausen
*William T. Stockhausen                     e-mail: address@hidden     *
*Marine Scientist                           voice : 804-684-7643      *
*Virginia Institute of Marine Science       fax   : 804-684-7250      *
*College of William and Mary                http://www.vims.edu/~buck *
*PO Box 1346                                                          *
*Gloucester Point, VA 23062                                           *