Re: Makefile on windows

From: pauljohn
Subject: Re: Makefile on windows
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:47:35 -0500

You create a Makefile in a text editor, just as you create any other
program.  I have been using Emacs to edit files, but any editor that
just edits text will do. We took a straw poll and I listed some in the
FAQ, if you are interesed.

In all these years, I've not created a Makefile from scratch. I always
begin with the Makefile in some existing application and edit it. I
suggest you follow your instinct and edit the one in Heatbugs or some
other swarmapp.  You notice in there it uses tabs for spacing and those
are required.  Believe it or not, there are whole books about Makefiles.