Makefile on windows

From: Allan Dafoe
Subject: Makefile on windows
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:40:30 -0400

  Hi,
Probably a naive question:
I can't understand how to create the 'makefile', using Windows.(2000)  Is there a windows program that can create the makefile?  I'm not even that sure how the makefile works, I was just going to mimic the sample programs, and change the relevant bits.  I'm trying to figure out Unix in the meantime, but learning, installing and programming in Unix is a little daunting.  (SunOS 5.7)

Thanks,
  Allan Dafoe
 McMaster University