Re: Creating new archiver in java Swarm

From: Tom Wainwright
Subject: Re: Creating new archiver in java Swarm
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:01:04 -0800

Thanks for the explanation and examples!

"Marcus G. Daniels" wrote:
> Along the lines of your example, here are several working example
> blocks that create _new_ Archivers (as opposed to the standard
> system-wide or model-wide ones with derived filenames).
>
>      // simple put
>      {
>        Archiver archiver = new HDF5ArchiverImpl (getZone (), "test.hdf");

In the doc's, I didn't see that the file name could be passed in the
creation method.  Should have dug further; it must be hidden somewhere in
the ancestry.

>        archiver.putShallow$object ("heatbugList", heatbugList);
>        archiver.sync ();
>      }
>      // get and put with phases -- yes, this is complex
>      // this approach is also not necessary or useful in this context

You're right!  Mixing the "C" and regular forms is confusing, which is why
I gave up and asked.

        --Tom Wainwright