Re: Swarm on Mac OS X? Anybody?

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: Swarm on Mac OS X? Anybody?
Date: 10 Feb 2001 11:53:17 -0800

PM> But when I want to compile swarm now, I have the problem, with
PM> those configure scripts, who can't deal with the framework
PM> wrappers of MOSX. Especially Java, which is in a folder
PM> "Java.framework", organised as its typic on MOSX is not very
PM> appreciated by the configure script.

I'm not sure I understand.  Are you trying to load Swarm somehow
into Project Builder or something like that?  It should work to bring
up a terminal (or whatever they call it) and run "./configure".  I mean
it will start off well -- you'll hit a wall once you try to compile
anything.  I do remember that, once again, Apple goes out of its way
to install Java in the strangest possible way, and so the configure
script won't know what to make of it.  But you can disable that with
"--without-jdkdir".