Re: jipd-grid-0.0.1 error

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: jipd-grid-0.0.1 error
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 08:07:53 +0100

At 15.24 04/02/2001 -0800, you wrote:

PT> CLASSPATH="ptolemy.plot.jar;" /Swarm-2.1.1/bin/jdkcswarm
PT> Location.java ObserverSwarm.java PrisonerException.java
[..]
PT> public class StrategyGrapher extends Plot { ^
PT> ObserverSwarm.java:56: Method getClass() not found in class
PT> StrategyGrapher.

That's strange, is the jar file still intact?
What do you get from:

$ cd /Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1
$ /jdk1.3/bin/jar tf ptolemy.plot.jar

?

I'm still using jdk1.2.2 (I hope that this is not the souce of the problems.

        Anyway (from Emacs shell):
address@hidden/Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1] $ /jdk1.2.2/bin/jar tf ptolemy.plot.jar
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
ptolemy/plot/CmdLineArgException.class
ptolemy/plot/Message$1.class
ptolemy/plot/Message$2.class
ptolemy/plot/Message.class
ptolemy/plot/Plot$Format.class
ptolemy/plot/Plot.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotApplet.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotApplication$1.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotApplication.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotBox$DragListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotBox$FillButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotBox$ZoomListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotBox.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotDataException.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotFrame$FileMenuListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotFrame$PlotFilenameFilter.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotFrame$SpecialMenuListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotFrame.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotLive$StartButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotLive$StopButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotLive.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotLiveApplet.class
ptolemy/plot/PlotPoint.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph$1.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph$2.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph$AboutButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph$ExitButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph$HTMLButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph$PrintButtonListener.class
ptolemy/plot/Pxgraph.class
address@hidden/Swarm-2.1.1/jipd-grid-0.0.1] $

        Pietro