Re: jipd-grid-0.0.1 error

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: jipd-grid-0.0.1 error
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:34:12 +0100

At 17.34 31/01/2001 -0800, you wrote:

PJ> can you please tell me, in the same shell where jipd fails, are
PJ> you able to run jheatbugs?

PT> jheatbugs runs perfectly (as javacswarm/javaswam and as
PJ> jdkcswarm/jdkswarm).

But does it run in batch mode?  That would be an example of the
lispAppArchiver working, as it doesn't seem to be for you with jipd.

        Good point!
address@hidden/Swarm-2.1.1/jheatbugs-2.1] $ javaswarm StartHeatbugs --batch

gives

You typed `heatbugs -b' or `heatbugs --batch' so we're running without graphics.
Heatbugs is running for 300 timesteps
It is logging data every 1 timesteps to: unhappiness.output
quitting at 300

        Instead (I've here swarm.jar in \ext)

address@hidden/Swarm-2.1.1/jheatbugs-2.1] $ jdkswarm StartHeatbugs --batch

gives

*** event raised for error: InvalidArgument
*** function: lispIn(), file: /src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/defobj.m, line: 290
> type `HeatbugBatchSwarm' not found*** execution terminating due to error
/src/Swarm/swarm/src/defobj/Symbol.m:173 -[Error(c) _raiseEvent:]
      0 [sig] JAVA 1037 stackdump: Dumping stack trace to JAVA.EXE.stackdump

        Pietro