run - terminate of a gui swarm activity

From: EcoSim User
Subject: run - terminate of a gui swarm activity
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:57:29 +0200 (SAST)

We are developing a program which simulates a eco system. In our main.m
program, we have a observerswarn : guiswarm object which eventually calls
a method [observerSwarm go]. This sets the system into motion and runs the
schedules. But when we call the quit button on the control panel, the
entire program exits, and all the commands following the controlpanel go
call, are ignored. Somewhere in the controlpanel activities, the entire
program quits. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

Example of main.m
..
..
..
        // create observerSwarm here..
        ..
         [observerSwarm buildObjects];
         [observerSwarm buildActions];
        ..
         [observerSwarm activeIn :..];
        ..
         [observerSwarm go];
        ..
        printf("i am here...\n");
        ..
The program works, and believe me, we have tested this hundreds of times
in several ways. The program works, except that it doesnot display the
printf command. In fact, it does not do anything after [observerSwarm go].
My question is - is this supposes to be like this? Must the program
terminate after the go - quit state is reached? I dont think it should,
because what if i want some processing to be done after the simulation has
been run?

Thanx
Louis B
Ecosim Project 2001