Re: run - terminate of a gui swarm activity

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: Re: run - terminate of a gui swarm activity
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 18:44:04 +0100

>        [observerSwarm go];
>       ..
>       printf("i am here...\n");
>       ..
> The program works, and believe me, we have tested this hundreds of times
> in several ways. The program works, except that it doesnot display the
> printf command. In fact, it does not do anything after [observerSwarm go].
> My question is - is this supposes to be like this?

Yes, and it is the case with most libraries for GUI development
e.g. gtk, Java, but I'm sure Windows programming in C++ is similar.
The software engine takes control and you always have some sort of
callback mechanism for interacting with the user.  In Swarm, this
goes all into a scheduler.

> Must the program
> terminate after the go - quit state is reached? I dont think it should,
> because what if i want some processing to be done after the simulation has
> been run?

what about fun?  with Swarm you can build your own using the existent
Obj-C classes, or a Java window that pops up, after one has pressed
the original start button.

ralf