Swing and Swarm

From: Jacobo Myerston
Subject: Swing and Swarm
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:33:34 -0400

Thanks a lot, Marcus for the fixes. I compiled the snapshot with jdk13
and works very well and without memory problems.
If somebody  wants to install swarm in a powerppc with jdk1.3 ,I can
upload the rpms somewhere in the web.  The only problem with linuxppc
now is that in order to install swam-2.1.27 it is necessary to upgrade
tcl tk and blt what brakes  many  applications compiled for tcl-8.0.5.
I think the most up to date linux distribution for PPC is SUSE that has
tk and tcl 8.3.0.

Now i can start to learn swarm.

My question  is if it is possible to use swarm with a swing browser
instead the tcl browser. I saw that in the agent3d code "StartSDG3d"
there is a "extends Applet", but I was unable to compile this code.

It is possible to build a swarm and put it in the internet as a applet?

The problem is that I'm taking a course in simulation and I have to
write a simulation  as a homework, but it should be a applet so that
other students can see my work in the web.